SURFERS PARADISE, QUEENSLAND


Just back from a lovely week at Surfers Paradise, Queensland. The weather was brilliant and we managed to see a lot while we were there.


We stayed about 2 blocks away from Cavill Mall where all the action is. Along one side is mainly eating places with a huge range of restaurants to choose from. You can get meals for less than $10 and they're more than enough at times.

We visited Movie World, our second visit having been there 17 years earlier. I even went on a roller coaster, but not the big one - the little one in the kiddies section but that was more than enough for me as I don't like fast rides and I'm scared of heights. I don't know how I even agreed to go on that ride though there were lots of other adults on it and hardly any children.



Met Batman and Robin on our travels through Movie World and enjoyed the Batman 2 ride - but I wasn't game to go on the big Batman ride.



We were happy to see that the main street at Movie World is now under cover as I had visions of us getting sunburnt.





We went for a day trip up to Noosa Heads, with a stop in at the Ettamogah Pub for refreshments then a visit to Underwater World at Mooloolaba on the way back. It was a long day, but very enjoyable.


We visited the Q1 building which was actually just behind where we were staying. The views from up there are fantastic - you can see for miles.




I couldn't not take a photo of the meter maids who we saw most days around Cavill Mall.








I hope it's not another 17 years before we get up to Queensland again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INCY-WINCY SPIDER

SEA PRINCESS 28 DAYS ROUND AUSTRALIA 2018