THIS REALLY SPOILED MY MORNING

John went back to work after having a two week break. As he went out into the garage to get the car - the brand new one that's only 2 weeks old - he called me to have a look. We had a flat tyre!!! John took my car to get to work and I rang the auto club. The auto club man put on the stupid little "space saver wheel" that comes with the car as a spare which looks ridiculous and is only meant to be used in an emergency - who'd want to drive around on something like this anyway and why economise on something like this, I'd rather have a full sized spare. Not only is it smaller in diameter, it's about half as wide as a proper tyre and I didn't feel at all safe.


As it's Bridgestone tyres that are on the car, I popped down to the Bridgestone place not that far from us and found that there was a piece of flat metal embedded into the tyre on the inside and where it is, it can't be repaired so a new tyre is required and the original one that's flat had only gone 500km. On checking their stock on the computer, they can't get the exact same tyre (none in stock anywhere) but I can get one that's almost the same - same specifications but slightly different tread but it has to be sent over from another Bridgestone place so I can't get it until tomorrow. Not happy, but what can you do and it's just bad luck we had a flat so soon. John went 13 years in the car we traded in and only one flat tyre in all that time. I just hope nobody I know sees me driving around with that silly yellow wheel on the car. It doesn't go with the red paintwork; you'd think the least they could do was to match the colour or make it black so it doesn't stand out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INCY-WINCY SPIDER

SEA PRINCESS 28 DAYS ROUND AUSTRALIA 2018