TOTTIE SCONES

I thought I'd treat the family today so I made them some Scottish Tottie Scones (Potato Scones) and they turned out great. This is an old photo but lets you see how they look. Tottie scones are made with mashed potato and you eat them with bacon and eggs and maybe black pudding....if you don't know what black pudding is, then I won't go into detail. You can look that up for yourself.

How to make Tottie Scones:

No real measurements here as it's a sort of play it by ear recipe and I have tried it with instant mashed potato and it worked well.
Put any leftover mashed potato in the fridge to cool then put into a bowl along with a couple of handfulls of flour. Work through with fingers until it resembles a crumb mixture - add more flour as required.
Once you have the mixture nice and crumbly, add a small amount of milk and work it through...keep adding milk a little at a time until the mixture becomes a dough.
Turn the dough out onto a floured board and kneed then roll out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into pieces.
Oil a frypan and place each piece of tottie scone into the pan. Turn when it becomes golden brown in a few minutes.
Once both sides are golden, they are ready to eat as they are or you can freeze them for another time.
I like mine reheated in the frypan after I've done the bacon - delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INCY-WINCY SPIDER